Many of my clients have been so frustrated with the exorbitant amount of sweets they’ve carelessly consumed, some nearly banned sugar entirely. Saying no to sugar might work for about 5% of us, but for the other 95% our body is likely to go into full on attack mode. The Universe will suddenly flaunt an endless array of sweets, our body will likely only fall deeper into a self-loathing pattern of binge and sabotage.
We’ve all heard that it’s best to enjoy everything in moderation, but how do you possibly restrain yourself when it’s just you, your favorite snack, and a cold and lonely winter’s day? There is room for anything in a truly healthy lifestyle- anything made with love from real ingredients. The problem is self-control can be rather illusive at times. Every single one of us can easily devour 5 servings of our favorite snack in 5 minutes flat. True health is allowing yourself to recognize the joy, beauty, and abundance of food. Allow abundance in, but recognize the more sweets you savor, the more you’ve got to get your body movin’.
Post an exercise note on the naughtiest snacks in your house. Cover your pantry with notes like:
Make up anything you want, and try to center them around activities you enjoy. If you’re feeling too tight lately center them around your favorite yoga poses. If you love to dance – you get the idea.
Do the exercise first and reward yourself afterward with the snack.
Stay true to the serving you allow for yourself.
If you can really keep this up, your body will gladly embrace the system.
You can enjoy anything you want in moderation.