Today we start with the basics. The road to true health is a continuous enjoyable lifestyle. The following plan is something you should be able to maintain on a daily basis.
First thing to do when starting a new healthy lifestyle is you need to hold yourself accountable. You need to vocalize your goals regularly, involve your friends and family in the process to create accountability, don’t keep your fitness goals a secret.
Today you are going to begin a food and exercise journal. Many weight loss studies find those who kept food records six days a week -- jotting down everything they ate and drank on those days -- lose about twice as much weight as those who keep food records one day a week or less.
I need you to track the following items on a daily basis:
- Food ( when, what , and how much you ate)
- Water (Did you drink at least 1 Gallon of water today)
- Multi-Vitamin, Fish Oil, and Protein shake (stay away from artificial sweeteners in your protein, instead blend it with bananas, berries, and other fruits to add sweetness.)
- Exercise (at least 45 minutes 6 days a week. Set a specific time of day that you will do this. Write it down in advance in your notebook. When that time comes it is already written down, you have to follow through with it.
- Write down one good thing about yourself every day.
Today you will create a notebook just for that. This will hold you accountable to your fitness goals. On the first page I want you to write down your fitness goals, your current weight, and your circumference measurements. (neck, biceps, chest, waist, belly button, hips, thigh, calf) Health is much more important than the number on the scale. Circumference measurements are one of the best ways to track success.
Starting today you will follow these simple healthy rules.
These are taken directly from the boot camp classes I run at SLC Fit Collective.
1. Love your body.
2. Do not belittle yourself!
3. Be more in tune with your metabolism. It will tell you when you are full and what you need to eat if you just listen.
4. Stretch for 5 minutes every morning first thing when you wake up. Get your day started off with one healthy choice; it will lead to a happy healthy day of good decisions.
5. Keep a food and exercise journal. Add 1-3 servings of fruits and veggies to every meal and snack.
6. You will exercise 6 days a week. An hour a day, and you’ll like it! Monotonous cardio does not count.
7. Enjoy your life more than you ever have before.
8. You need to drink a protein shake every day.
9. Take a Multi-vitamin everyday
10. Take fish-oil everyday
11. Drink a gallon of water every day
This week’s exercise program begins with cardio intervals. Train your body to exercise at a high intensity, we want your heart rate up at 90% of max for 45 seconds. Next you will bring your heart way back down to 65% of max. For women in their 20s and early 30s this is about 175-180 BPM for your max, and your minimum is around 125- 130 BPM. Complete intervals of peaks and rests for 45 minutes 6 days a week. Next week we will implement a strength training program and understand the importance of such.
Remember, this will be fun and enjoyable, involve your friends and SHARE this program with all that you love. From this moment forward invite health, joy, and love into your life. A healthy body is beautiful and radiant, full of love and gratitude.
Join the conversation on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/slcfitcollective